Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Do You Stand Under?

Managed to find some time when I'm hungover on a coffee fix to get the show back on the road...This first one back is for Messy.

I'm blogging from a fairly sub-standard computer in my hostel, wit lack of musical/technoligical hardware to bring you some new music, but fuck it, I'll try all the same.



Working here currently, Fibber McGee's as a barman. Tis class. In Perth currently soaking up the relaxed chilled out atmosphere of the place. With the addition of a boombox in Melbourne I'm listening to some pretty decent radio time.

Something to help addle the mind.

Chunes that have been fairly good in Australia since being here have been...

The Presets-My People
The Foals-Cassius

....and much much more which I just can't think of at the moment cuz it involves trekking through alot alcoholic moments.

Boombox saves the day, playing James Holden (Balance 05), Madvillian, MFA on Balance 05 (quality tune) and MSTRKRFT.



A long trip across the outback was fun...(pretty sure I may mean that sarcastically, i'm not sure yet)...Interpol fixation in my head with not a one bass hook from them in ear range. The boys in the kitchen at work though play some serious tunes. Interpol gracing the kitchen as I stroll in to a mass cook off.....Thank fuck I say to myself...

The new kid in my publican block (who started work in the pub)unveiled a Radiohead T-Shirt...I think I'll give this guy a chance....

Heard more Cranberries and Sinead O'Conner than I'd prefer to working in an Irish bar. New playlist please!...Get some new range I rish music on....God!, even a bit of Bell X1 or something....and i'm not even a fan. Maybe I'll get some for them, or suggest some...or just switch the Zen to some banging house when they're not looking.

I Would Love To Hear Right Now

Modest Mouse........."These walls are paper thin and everyone hears every single sound"....."da dum da dum dum dum dum da dum da dum dum dum dum dum"


Peace and Fucking....Believe!

No comments: