Tuesday, June 26, 2007

From The Rack: #1

To spice things up abit and also to give me a chance to realise "What actually do I have in my cd collection", I'm delving into the wonders of the rack which contains years of musical purchasing. This feature I warn could be really bad or possibly really good depending on the cd. It'll be educational none the less.



The first cd I have plucked from the rack is "On The Edge Of Forever" by a band called Ikon from Melbourne, Australia.

Lastfm says;
"The band was founded in 1991 from the ashes of another gothic rock band, Death in the Dark. by vocalist/guitarist and Church of Satan member Chris McCarter, bassist Dino Molinaro and (former) vocalist Michael Carrodus."

Jaysus, I got some sort of Satanist Goth band in my collection....I think it was a hit and hope buy down in universal one day. They've got sort of a Joy Division sound to them...For Goth Rock (which I know absolutely nothing about)....they're not too offensive to the ear. From reading the sleeve, I believe the album is based around the egyptian "Book Of The Dead", how nice. I shouldn't think they're gonna make a revival in my leisurely listening though.

Ikon- The Shallow Sea

No comments: